- Computer Programming
- Database Design and Architecture
I am an eager, energetic and creative software developer specializing in C# and SQL Server, but enjoy learning and using a wide array of languages and technologies. I enjoy tackling tough challenges and using disparate areas of my expertise.
Resource Data, Inc.
Since March 2010
- Worked with multiple MN licensing boards to migrate their .NET 1.1 web applications with SQL Server 2000 to .NET 4.0 applications with SQL Server 2012.
- Implemented a custom ArcFM form and data import tool to integrate ArcFM Designer, a Work Management System, and Esri ArcGIS data for a public utility in Minnesota.
- Sole Developer on a comprehensive filing system for Alaskan public official filing system which is now mandatory for all political candidates and public officials in the state while providing searching ability to the public to prevent political abuse and corruption. The system includes a forms system where filers enter their information, an administration system for use by APOC staff, and a public reporting system for public access.
- Lead Developer on a scheduling system for Anchorage hospitals and medical providers to manage their EMTALA On-Call schedule.
- Developing a revolutionary new system for investors to maximize the after-tax actual wealth of their investment portfolio called Efficient Tax. The system includes a helpful graph to guide the investor to the optimal time to sell.
- Maintained company intranet and wrote two new modules for it: a searchable error log for developers and an automated status report generator for project managers.
Northern Michigan University
to May 2007
• Mathematics and Computer Science dual major with a Spanish minor from the first Michigan university with a student laptop initiative
• Wrote my own file system, EricFS, that deliberately wasted more drive space to search faster than non-indexed NTFS
• Graduated Cum Laude with a 3.53 GPA
Microsoft: C#, VB, .NET, VBA, Access, SQL Server, Azure, Visual Studio, ASP.NET (WebForms and MVC)
Other: Java, C++, Ruby, C, Python, Node.js, BASIC, PicBASIC, XML, XSLT, Wiring (Arduino/Java)
Source Control: Git, SVN, Mercurial
GIS: Google Maps, Leaflet.js, OpenGeo-Suite, ESRI ArcGIS, ArcOnline, ArcFM
Operating Systems: Windows 7/8/10, Linux (Ubuntu, Arch, Mint), OSX
Arduino Gear Display: display what gear is selected in a Manual Transmission (code at https://github.com/Ehryk/GearDisplay )
Used Parallax chips with PicBASIC to write a voice soother for a medical application
Rocket Launcher: Wrote an Android app that connects over Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) to launch model rockets
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Data Platforms (MCSE, 2014 - Current)
Microsoft Specialist: C# / C Sharp (2014)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer: Web Applications (MCSD, 2013 - Current)
Microsoft Specialist: HTML5 (2013)
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP, 2013)
- Electrical circuit building, Arduino projects, Custom Guitar Modification
- Designing and building fast cars, insane motorcycles, zippy computers, and sleek bicycles
- Soldering and Custom Circuit Board Design http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLYUQCO8-6A
- Riding and building custom bicycles (including wheels) http://ehryk.com/Share/BuildingBicycle.jpg
- Mathematical Analysis - Wolfram Alpha, Wheelspoking.com, Prime Numbers
- Building custom computers and circuits design
- 3D Printing and Modeling (Blender)
- Calligraphy and Lettering
- Metalwork and Blacksmithing
- Playing guitar
- Parkour / Freerunning http://ehryk.com/Share/Jumping.jpg
- Skydiving http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELNln2b5M7U